Thursday, February 19, 2009

Dentist Day

Deep inside I know that dentists are not evil people. There is something deep rooted in my childhood that has me very fearful of them. Maybe it's the fact that I didn't get to visit the dentist often at all and when I did he said he was putting a "train" in my mouth. Not cool, man.

I have to, as a good parent, take the boys to the dentist. Aidan, the oldest, isn't thrilled. I'm sure that along the line in time I've instilled him with some of my phobia. (There goes my parental A+ rating.) Cian on the other hand is "Okay." Where can I get some of that naive charm? My Shepherd knows too. She's been whining all morning. I swear she motioned for me to hide under the bed.

The truth is even though I'm not the one that is going to be strapped to the chair, (okay, they don't really strap) I'm feeling sick. Is it real or is it just my own version of an emotional disturbance?

No comments: