Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Toledo Police Beat 14 year old Boy

A neighbor in Toledo was shocked as she watched police beating a teenage boy outside of her apartment. She ran to video tape the incident. Two beefy officers and one boy that weighed about 100 pounds or a bit more. Why? Because, the family says, he didn't stand up quickly enough when they asked him to.




Evidently the police were there because of some type of disruption in the area. Other youth scattered except for this young man. Not having seen the entire incident and even considering the worse scenario I cannot fathom why such brute force was needed for such a young and small boy. I'm astounded.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of law enforcement. We need them. However, I'm not a fan of abusing a power bestowed upon you.

If this had been my 14 year old boy these officers would have a hell of a lot more to worry about then me not standing up quickly enough.

No comments: