Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Weight Watchers and Me

Yes, I have decided to join the masses in an effort to shed pounds and increase my health. In my quest for a better body I have joined Weight Watchers online. I couldn't bring myself to go to weekly meetings and sit with other people that have the same idea of weight loss mania. I just find it to be a rather private endeavor I've embarked upon. Maybe it's because if I fail I don't want to face others and see them as they try and avoid eye contact or give me a smile that says, "Hey, you failed, baby. Do something."

But my one great motivation, besides wanting to live longer and avoid a heart attack, has been music. I've discovered some really cool people like Ingrid Michaelson, The Plain White T's, the Pierces, and Lenka to name a few. They get me moving and grooving to the point of where I have been swinging around and dancing with my two boys in the kitchen or living room or wherever else I can terrorize them. Actually the younger one is more than eager to dance with Mom, it's the older one that wonders if it's actually safe or if he should call someone to come and take me away. But that creates a whole new dilemma. Who will cook his dinner or bake him cookies?

You can always count on the stomach outruling the head on a male, regardless of his age.

Life is sweet.

1 comment:

Brian Dunbar said...

You can always count on the stomach outruling the head on a male, regardless of his age.

Some of us are made of sterner stuff than that.

No me - but some of us.