Sunday, February 22, 2009

Taken

Tonight we went on a double date and saw the movie "Taken" which deals with the subject of human trafficking. The movie was very good and kept us on the edge of our seat. It was great to see a parent be able to beat up a slew of bad guys and save his daughter, although it was a bit disconcerting to see he wasn't the least bit concerned with other people's daughters and their safe return. You'd think someone that had lost his little girl would have had a bit more compassion, but hey, he saved his girl and it was great.

I would like to think that if anyone ever took my children that I would love to be able to save them like that. I don't, however, have the same skill sets this guy has. Instead of taking guns and shooting the enemy I would be forced to feed them to death. For some reason it just doesn't feel that would be nearly as effective.

No comments: