Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Fifty and Pigtails

So, you are fifty or almost fifty and you aren't you are getting old? Pishaw.

I think that we should always remember to be somewhat youthful so that we can actually enjoy the life we are given. So, today I am supporting pigtails.

Maybe I will look funny if I go out grocery shopping because someone will think I'm a bit old for wearing them. After all, who beyond age 12 really looks good in pigtails? Well I do! Because how I feel is important, much more important than some random strangers who have no affect on my life at all unless I let them.

So, today is my day to reclaim a bit of my youthful exuberance. I am going to put on my makeup and do whatever I can to make myself feel pretty and young.

I am going to celebrate the melting of the snow and the coming of the spring.

It's sometimes very easy to give into the stress of everyday life, but I also have to remember that I cannot control everything that comes my way. In spite of that I can control me and who I am. I can handle anything.

My youth really isn't lost, it's just tucked away in my memory. It's good to bring it out every once in a while so that I don't forget that life is meant to be lived.

So today, I'm living.

No comments: